Aero Tech Talk, Episode #5
December 21, 2020 in News
In the fifth episode of our Tech Talk series, AeroLab co-founders Kelly Zwarych & Chris Morton discuss mistakes and oversights that can produce inaccurate data while aero-testing.
Our recommendations boil down to…
- ensuring the sensor is properly aligned and not obstructed by cables, etc;
- allowing the rider is properly warm-up (warmed up) and is comfortable with the equipment being used in the test;
- avoiding the application of brakes during the active segments of an aero-test unless absolutely necessary in order to ensure rider safety;
- instructions provided by the head unit must be adhered to;
- a dedicated wheel speed sensor should be used whenever possible for maximum accuracy;
- only one variable should be tested at a time; making multiple simultaneous changes to a rider’s equipment or position makes it much more difficult to find an optimal setup.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel to stay up to date as we announce more details in the coming weeks!